• State Department Website/Certification Information
• Minnesota Technology and Engineering Educators Association (MTEEA)
• Teaching Openings in Minnesota
216 Headley Hall, SCSU
720 4th Ave S
St. Cloud MN 56301
Kurt Helgeson, 302-308-3127
• Technology Education
• Career and Technical Education (CTE)
• BS – Technology Education
• MS – Technology Education
• Endorsement for CTE License
Students who major in technology education will learn how to inspire in their own students’ understanding of the interconnectivity of science, technology, society and the environment. You’ll learn ways to promote a deeper knowledge of humans’ growing impact on the environment and the solutions technology may present. Through the pairing of classes on education and topics such as resource management, environmental studies, renewable energy, computer-aided design, electronics and residential construction, you’ll acquire the skills to create meaningful lessons and experiences to keep students engaged. Student teaching experiences and internships will give you the practice needed to feel confident when you hit the classroom on your own.
• Advanced technology for hands-on learning in an array of Headley Hall laboratories.
• Achieves licensure for teaching technology education in grades 5-12 in Minnesota schools.
• On-campus centers for Environmental Modeling, Construction, Environmental Soils, Manufacturing, Product Design, Flexible Manufacturing and Transportation/Energy.
• Focus on technology that solves environmental, construction and industrial problems.
• Diverse faculty who connect with professionals through local, state, national and international professional organizations.
• Active student organizations that network with professionals and advance the principles of technology education.