• State Department Website/Certification Information
• Arkansas Career and Technical Education Division
• Teaching Openings in Arkansas
736 West Maple Street
Peabody Hall 317
Fayetteville, AR 72701
• Vinson Carter, 479-575-3076
• Michael Daugherty, 479-575-5119
• Technology Education
• STEM Education
• BS – Career and Technical Education, Technology Education Concentration
• MAT – STEM Concentration
• MEd – Curriculum and Instruction, STEM Education Concentration
• Ph.D. – Curriculum and Instruction, STEM Education Concentration
• Graduate Certificate – STEM Education
A Bachelor of Science in Education degree with a concentration in technology education is a licensure program that prepares one to teach technology, pre-engineering, or other technical programs at the high school, middle school, or community college levels. Additionally, the program prepares one to enter mid-level technical and management careers in business and industry. The concentration is a specialized field of study within the career and technical education program at the University of Arkansas.
The mission of the STEM Education program at the University of Arkansas is to provide future elementary teachers with the knowledge, skills, aptitudes, and tools necessary to make positive and lasting differences in the lives of their current and future students.
We believe in providing a creative, and critical-thinking environment, where engaging STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) content is the foundation and learning is delivered through real-world connections, problem/project based learning, and performance-based assessment.
The ultimate goal of the program is to nurture STEM confidence, the ability to deliver engaging STEM curriculum, as well as a passion for STEM learning among elementary teacher education candidates and practicing teachers. It is part of the Department of Curriculum and Instruction.