• Texas Education Agency Certification Standards (State Supervisor: John Ellis)
• Texas Education Agency and Texas Workforce Commission Teaching Jobs
• Career and Technical Association of Texas (CTAT)
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4232
• Engineering Education
• STEM Teacher Education
• BS – Multidisciplinary Engineering Technology (MXET) [Certification in Grade 6-12 Physical Science, Mathematics and Engineering]
– Texas A&M Department of Teaching, Learning and Culture
Social Media Pages
Texas A&M Engineering
The Departments of Teaching, Learning and Culture and Engineering Technology and Industrial Distribution collaborate on a four-year degree program option to train a completely new generation of STEM teachers and leaders from Texas A&M. Beginning in 2018, students enrolled in the Multidisciplinary Engineering Technology Program through the College of Engineering have the option to become a teacher certified in physical science, math and engineering for grades 7-12.
The Multidisciplinary Engineering Technology Program allows 29 focus hours that cap the degree. This allows students to earn the teacher certification in physical science, math and engineering for grades 7-12.
“These individuals have the potential to be a ‘triple threat’,” explained Dr. Joe Morgan, program coordinator of the multidisciplinary engineering technology program. “They will require the education to be able to sit for and be certified in math, physical science and engineering. They will have real value to those school districts that want to advance their education, especially in the STEM areas.”