College of Education
School of Teaching and Learning
P.O. Box 800
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Mr. Michael Elliot, 660-543-4458
• Technology and Engineering Education
• Career and Technology Education
• Engineering Technology
• BSE – Secondary Education: Engineering and Technology Teacher Education
• Minor for BSE –Technology and Engineering Education
• Undergraduate Certificate –Technology (Engineering Technology concentration)
• Undergraduate Certificate – CTE
• MS – Career and Technology Education (options in initial certification, teaching enhancement, and administration)• Graduate Certificate – CTE Administration Leadership
The BSE in Secondary Education-Engineering and Technology Teacher Education (ETTE) option at UCM will prepare you to teach in pre-engineering and traditional industrial technology programs throughout Missouri and nationwide. You will learn to teach design, troubleshooting, materials processing, communications, pre-engineering, and power and energy. In addition to teaching in industrial technology programs, you will also have the opportunity to earn nationally certified pre-engineering program certifications. ETTE students have 100% placement in Missouri schools and industry-based careers.
Coursework in the BSE minor will give you an overview of teaching Engineering and Technology. With courses in both traditional and modern technology programs, you will learn about construction, drafting, graphics, material processing, pre-engineering, and power and energy while you earn nationally certified pre-engineering program certifications. For education majors, this minor can serve as a gateway to additional certification once you obtain your initial teaching certificate.
The MS program is designed to prepare you to teach, administer, and lead career and technical education in middle schools, high schools, career centers, community colleges, and industrial settings. This includes exciting fields such as engineering and technology education, and skilled technical sciences. With three options for specialization (initial certification, teaching enhancement, and administration), this highly customizable degree will be adapted to meet your career goals. Your courses in this program are delivered online, face-to-face, or a combination of the two.